2020 Territory Protection Policy
As a growing business, we are always re-evaluating our policies to be sure they are in line with our goals. Territory protection is a hot topic in our industry. We understand your desire to offer unique items, and we are proud to partner with you in that effort!
We see territory protection as a 2 way street. For us to tie up a territory, the sales volume and commitment from our stores must meet standards that align with our growth goals. This will also allow us to invest more in our best performing territories.
Effective January 1, 2020, our protection policy is as follows:
- Minimum spend of $300 per quarter ($100/month)
- Minimum of 3 social media posts per quarter (tagging @mymixologie).
- Protection is at the "line level," meaning we will protect the specific products you carry. For example, if you only carry the full size perfumes, your protection is on the full size perfumes. If another store in your area would like to carry the minis, gift sets, lotions, or men's line, they are eligible. If you are considering adding other Mixologie lines, we encourage you to do so sooner rather than later as we are approaching a busy show season in January.
- Territories are most commonly defined by zip codes, but other factors are considered (population density, store type, etc.).
- Does not apply to online-only or mobile boutiques.
Now, for some good news! Our marketing investment in protected territories will continue to grow. If you re-order monthly, you will receive the following benefits:
- Shipping Offset: If you re-order within 30 days of your last order, you will receive extra product in your order to offset your shipping costs (i.e. If your shipping cost is $18, you will receive a freebie product(s) with a retail value of at least $18. to offset your shipping cost). This will be done automatically on our end if you qualify, no action required on your part.
- Increased budget for geography-specific social media advertising designed to drive customers to your store to discover Mixologie.
Evaluations for each quarter's protection will take place within the last 2 weeks of each quarter. Evaluations for protection in Q1 2020 are now underway (evaluating 4th quarter spend/pattern).
We hope strengthening our partnerships will help us all grow exponentially in 2020!
Please feel free to reach out if you have questions or concerns.